- QGEN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $24.1 million.
- QGEN is making at least a new 3-day high.
- QGEN has a PE ratio of 84.
- QGEN is mentioned 0.84 times per day on StockTwits.
- QGEN has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- QGEN is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- QGEN is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- QGEN is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- QGEN is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in QGEN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for QGEN NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on QGEN: QIAGEN N.V. provides sample to insight solutions that transform biological samples into valuable molecular insights worldwide. QGEN has a PE ratio of 84. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Qiagen a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold. The average volume for Qiagen has been 976,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. Qiagen has a market cap of $5.7 billion and is part of the services sector and diversified services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.13 and a short float of 2.5% with 5.02 days to cover. Shares are up 4.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Qiagen as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins, notable return on equity and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.42, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. To add to this, QGEN has a quick ratio of 1.99, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- QIAGEN NV's earnings per share declined by 20.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, QIAGEN NV increased its bottom line by earning $0.49 versus $0.28 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.11 versus $0.49).
- The gross profit margin for QIAGEN NV is rather high; currently it is at 63.08%. Despite the high profit margin, it has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 6.53% trails the industry average.
- QGEN, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 2.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 5.9%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, regardless of the company's weak earnings results. Looking ahead, the stock's rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that the other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- You can view the full Qiagen Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.