- GST has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $2.8 million.
- GST has traded 173,470 shares today.
- GST is trading at 3.42 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- GST is trading at a new low 6.03% below yesterday's close.
'Weak on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as material stock news, analyst downgrades, insider selling, selling from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and traders are piling out of a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize (or avoid losses by trimming weak positions). In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in GST with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for GST NOW at Trade-Ideas
- GASTAR EXPLORATION INC's earnings per share declined by 33.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 135.7% in earnings (-$0.18 versus $0.49).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed against the S&P 500 and did not exceed that of the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 61.9% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $1.61 million to $0.61 million.
- The debt-to-equity ratio of 1.10 is relatively high when compared with the industry average, suggesting a need for better debt level management. To add to this, GST has a quick ratio of 0.60, this demonstrates the lack of ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. In comparison to the other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market, GASTAR EXPLORATION INC's return on equity is significantly below that of the industry average and is below that of the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for GASTAR EXPLORATION INC is currently very high, coming in at 78.60%. Regardless of GST's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 1.78% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Gastar Exploration Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.