- DLPH has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $138.3 million.
- DLPH has traded 13,482 shares today.
- DLPH is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in DLPH with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for DLPH NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on DLPH: Delphi Automotive PLC, together with its subsidiaries, manufacturers vehicle components; and provides electrical and electronic, powertrain, safety, and thermal technology solutions to the automotive and commercial vehicle markets worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.2%. DLPH has a PE ratio of 19. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate Delphi Automotive a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Delphi Automotive has been 1.8 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Delphi Automotive has a market cap of $24.6 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and automotive industry. The stock has a beta of 0.86 and a short float of 0.9% with 1.57 days to cover. Shares are up 17.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Delphi Automotive as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance and notable return on equity. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, DLPH's share price has jumped by 29.23%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, DLPH should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Auto Components industry and the overall market, DELPHI AUTOMOTIVE PLC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- DELPHI AUTOMOTIVE PLC' earnings per share from the most recent quarter came in slightly below the year earlier quarter. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, DELPHI AUTOMOTIVE PLC increased its bottom line by earning $4.43 versus $3.89 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.36 versus $4.43).
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 4.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 2.6%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for DELPHI AUTOMOTIVE PLC is rather low; currently it is at 22.25%. Regardless of DLPH's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 5.50% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Delphi Automotive Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.