- ATEN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $2.6 million.
- ATEN has traded 339,503 shares today.
- ATEN is trading at 22.99 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- ATEN is trading at a new high 7.14% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ATEN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ATEN NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ATEN: A10 Networks, Inc. provides software based application networking solutions in the United States, Japan, and internationally. Its solutions are built on advanced core operating system platform. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate A10 Networks a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for A10 Networks has been 242,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. A10 has a market cap of $334.0 million and is part of the technology sector and telecommunications industry. Shares are up 25.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates A10 Networks as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Software industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 169.2% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$5.10 million to -$13.73 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$5.50 million or 85.05% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- The gross profit margin for A10 NETWORKS INC is currently very high, coming in at 81.15%. Regardless of ATEN's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, ATEN's net profit margin of -31.20% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- ATEN, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 1.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 3.8%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- A10 NETWORKS INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.53 versus -$0.59).
- You can view the full A10 Networks Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.