- ACLS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $2.9 million.
- ACLS has traded 136,707 shares today.
- ACLS is trading at 3.86 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- ACLS is trading at a new high 3.17% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ACLS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ACLS NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ACLS:
Axcelis Technologies, Inc. designs, manufactures, and services ion implantation and other processing equipment used in the fabrication of semiconductor chips worldwide. It provides offers a line of high energy, high current, and medium current implanters for all application requirements. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Axcelis Technologies a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold.The average volume for Axcelis Technologies has been 543,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. Axcelis has a market cap of $358.8 million and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. The stock has a beta of 2.06 and a short float of 2.1% with 2.36 days to cover. Shares are up 23.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Axcelis Technologies as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance and increase in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including disappointing return on equity and poor profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 0.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 20.4%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- This stock has managed to rise its share value by 102.56% over the past twelve months. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry and the overall market, AXCELIS TECHNOLOGIES INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for AXCELIS TECHNOLOGIES INC is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 31.90%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 2.54% significantly trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Axcelis Technologies Ratings Report.