- VIPS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $328.2 million.
- VIPS has traded 9.8 million shares today.
- VIPS is up 3% today.
- VIPS was down 5.4% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in VIPS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for VIPS NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on VIPS: Vipshop Holdings Limited, through its subsidiaries, operates as an online discount retailer for various brands in the People's Republic of China. VIPS has a PE ratio of 81. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Vipshop Holdings a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Vipshop Holdings has been 6.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Vipshop has a market cap of $15.3 billion and is part of the services sector and retail industry. Shares are up 31.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Vipshop Holdings as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, notable return on equity, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and solid stock price performance. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- VIPS's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 19.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 108.8%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- VIPSHOP HOLDINGS LTD -ADR reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, VIPSHOP HOLDINGS LTD -ADR increased its bottom line by earning $0.23 versus $0.09 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.54 versus $0.23).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Internet & Catalog Retail industry. The net income increased by 122.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $25.40 million to $56.58 million.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Internet & Catalog Retail industry and the overall market, VIPSHOP HOLDINGS LTD -ADR's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 109.30% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 98.11% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- You can view the full Vipshop Holdings Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.