- EXC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $207.0 million.
- EXC has traded 4.8 million shares today.
- EXC is trading at 1.64 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- EXC crossed above its 200-day simple moving average.
'Storm the Castle' stocks are worth watching because trading stocks that begin to experience a breakout can lead to potentially massive profits. Once psychological and technical resistance barriers like the 200-day moving average are breached on higher than normal relative volume, the stock is then free to find new buyers and momentum traders who can ultimately push the stock significantly higher. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize on. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in EXC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for EXC NOW at Trade-Ideas
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 2.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 22.0%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Electric Utilities industry. The net income increased by 670.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $90.00 million to $693.00 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 803.03% to $1,490.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, EXELON CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -25.99%.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Electric Utilities industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, EXELON CORP has outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- EXELON CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, EXELON CORP reported lower earnings of $1.87 versus $2.00 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.45 versus $1.87).
- You can view the full Exelon Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.