- NES has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $3.7 million.
- NES has traded 143,821 shares today.
- NES is trading at 3.85 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- NES is trading at a new high 4.04% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in NES with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for NES NOW at Trade-Ideas
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Energy Equipment & Services industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 2469.6% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$13.07 million to -$335.89 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Energy Equipment & Services industry and the overall market, NUVERRA ENVIRONMENTAL SOLUTN's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for NUVERRA ENVIRONMENTAL SOLUTN is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 28.48%. Regardless of NES's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, NES's net profit margin of -236.94% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 3.91 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. Even though the debt-to-equity ratio is weak, NES's quick ratio is somewhat strong at 1.27, demonstrating the ability to handle short-term liquidity needs.
- Despite any intermediate fluctuations, we have only bad news to report on this stock's performance over the last year: it has tumbled by 76.47%, worse than the S&P 500's performance. Consistent with the plunge in the stock price, the company's earnings per share are down 2719.04% compared to the year-earlier quarter. Naturally, the overall market trend is bound to be a significant factor. However, in one sense, the stock's sharp decline last year is a positive for future investors, making it cheaper (in proportion to its earnings over the past year) than most other stocks in its industry. But due to other concerns, we feel the stock is still not a good buy right now.
- You can view the full Nuverra Environmental Solutions Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.