- GOGO has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $19.4 million.
- GOGO has traded 214,490 shares today.
- GOGO is trading at 5.14 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- GOGO is trading at a new high 3.03% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in GOGO with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for GOGO NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on GOGO:
Gogo Inc., through its subsidiaries, provides aero communications services to the commercial and business aviation markets in the United States and internationally. The company operates three segments: Commercial Aviation North America, Commercial Aviation Rest of World, and Business Aviation. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Gogo a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold.The average volume for Gogo has been 1.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Gogo has a market cap of $1.8 billion and is part of the technology sector and telecommunications industry. Shares are up 26.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Gogo as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its unimpressive growth in net income, disappointing return on equity, generally high debt management risk and feeble growth in its earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Internet Software & Services industry average. The net income has decreased by 19.1% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from -$16.87 million to -$20.09 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Internet Software & Services industry and the overall market, GOGO INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 4.10 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. Despite the company's weak debt-to-equity ratio, the company has managed to keep a very strong quick ratio of 2.98, which shows the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- GOGO INC's earnings per share declined by 20.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, GOGO INC continued to lose money by earning -$0.99 versus -$1.32 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 9.6% in earnings (-$1.09 versus -$0.99).
- The gross profit margin for GOGO INC is rather high; currently it is at 52.38%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -17.39% is in-line with the industry average.
- You can view the full Gogo Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.