- RGEN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $21.5 million.
- RGEN has traded 11,677 shares today.
- RGEN is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in RGEN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for RGEN NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on RGEN: Repligen Corporation, a life sciences company, develops, manufactures, and markets consumable bioprocessing products for use in the production of monoclonal antibodies and other biologic drugs. RGEN has a PE ratio of 19. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Repligen a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Repligen has been 433,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. Repligen has a market cap of $1.3 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 0.89 and a short float of 12.1% with 6.64 days to cover. Shares are up 101.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Repligen as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- RGEN's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 18.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 27.5%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for REPLIGEN CORP is rather high; currently it is at 66.74%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, RGEN's net profit margin of 14.07% significantly trails the industry average.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, RGEN's share price has jumped by 121.14%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- REPLIGEN CORP's earnings per share declined by 30.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, REPLIGEN CORP reported lower earnings of $0.25 versus $0.49 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.31 versus $0.25).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and greatly underperformed compared to the Biotechnology industry average. The net income has significantly decreased by 31.5% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $4.28 million to $2.93 million.
- You can view the full Repligen Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.