- RE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $53.4 million.
- RE has traded 1,597 shares today.
- RE is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in RE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for RE NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on RE: Everest Re Group, Ltd., through its subsidiaries, provides reinsurance and insurance products. The company operates through U.S. Reinsurance, International, Bermuda, Insurance, and Mt. Logan Re segments. The U.S. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.1%. RE has a PE ratio of 7. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Everest Re Group a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. The average volume for Everest Re Group has been 304,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. Everest Re Group has a market cap of $8.1 billion and is part of the financial sector and insurance industry. The stock has a beta of 0.52 and a short float of 6.4% with 7.24 days to cover. Shares are up 6.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Everest Re Group as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, increase in net income and good cash flow from operations. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 8.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 14.1%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- RE's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.08 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels.
- The stock has risen over the past year as investors have generally rewarded the company for its earnings growth and other positive factors like the ones we have cited in this report. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has greatly exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Insurance industry average. The net income increased by 9.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $293.93 million to $322.98 million.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $455.14 million or 23.98% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, EVEREST RE GROUP LTD has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -56.85%.
- You can view the full Everest Re Group Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.