- NDAQ has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $41.4 million.
- NDAQ has traded 40,972 shares today.
- NDAQ is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in NDAQ with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for NDAQ NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on NDAQ: The NASDAQ OMX Group, Inc. provides trading, clearing, exchange technology, regulatory, securities listing, information, and public company services worldwide. It operates in four segments: Market Services, Listing Services, Information Services, and Technology Solutions. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2%. NDAQ has a PE ratio of 27. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate NASDAQ OMX Group a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for NASDAQ OMX Group has been 968,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. NASDAQ OMX Group has a market cap of $8.5 billion and is part of the financial sector and financial services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.15 and a short float of 3.3% with 4.88 days to cover. Shares are up 5.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates NASDAQ OMX Group as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, reasonable valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, NDAQ's share price has jumped by 35.31%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, NDAQ should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $231.00 million or 26.22% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, NASDAQ OMX GROUP INC has also modestly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 21.00%.
- NASDAQ OMX GROUP INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, NASDAQ OMX GROUP INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.39 versus $2.24 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.31 versus $2.39).
- NDAQ, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 7.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 4.5%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full NASDAQ OMX Group Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.