- AMSG has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $23.7 million.
- AMSG is making at least a new 3-day high.
- AMSG has a PE ratio of 58.
- AMSG is mentioned 1.77 times per day on StockTwits.
- AMSG has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- AMSG is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- AMSG is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- AMSG is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- AMSG is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AMSG with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AMSG NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on AMSG: AmSurg Corp., through its subsidiaries, provides ambulatory and physician services in the United States. The company operates through two divisions, Ambulatory Services and Physician Services. AMSG has a PE ratio of 58. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate Amsurg a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Amsurg has been 388,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. Amsurg has a market cap of $3.2 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.33 and a short float of 5.2% with 6.36 days to cover. Shares are up 18.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Amsurg as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, increase in net income, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- AMSG's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 18.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 119.8%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has greatly exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Health Care Providers & Services industry average. The net income increased by 22.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $17.20 million to $21.04 million.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $98.83 million or 41.54% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, AMSURG CORP's cash flow growth rate is still lower than the industry average growth rate of 68.02%.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, AMSG's share price has jumped by 59.50%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- AMSURG CORP's earnings per share declined by 27.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past two years. However, we anticipate this trend to reverse over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, AMSURG CORP reported lower earnings of $1.42 versus $2.22 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.38 versus $1.42).
- You can view the full Amsurg Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.