- XLNX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $102.9 million.
- XLNX has traded 2.0 million shares today.
- XLNX traded in a range 342.6% of the normal price range with a price range of $2.79.
- XLNX traded above its daily resistance level (quality: 154 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 154 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Barbarian at the Gate' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying positive price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, 'resistance' while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is more than twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves higher. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in XLNX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for XLNX NOW at Trade-Ideas
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.60, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 3.69, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry and the overall market, XILINX INC's return on equity exceeds that of the industry average and significantly exceeds that of the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for XILINX INC is currently very high, coming in at 72.49%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 23.74% is above that of the industry average.
- XLNX, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 0.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 8.2%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- XILINX INC's earnings per share declined by 5.7% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, XILINX INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.36 versus $2.19 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 4.9% in earnings ($2.25 versus $2.36).
- You can view the full Xilinx Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.