- CSC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $59.6 million.
- CSC has traded 502,498 shares today.
- CSC traded in a range 440% of the normal price range with a price range of $4.04.
- CSC traded above its daily resistance level (quality: 65 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 65 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Barbarian at the Gate' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying positive price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, 'resistance' while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is more than twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves higher. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CSC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CSC NOW at Trade-Ideas
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.82, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. To add to this, CSC has a quick ratio of 1.51, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $653.00 million or 23.44% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -11.38%.
- Despite the weak revenue results, CSC has outperformed against the industry average of 22.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 8.7%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, regardless of the company's weak earnings results. The stock's price rise over the last year has driven it to a level which is somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- COMPUTER SCIENCES CORP has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, COMPUTER SCIENCES CORP increased its bottom line by earning $5.07 versus $3.07 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 9.5% in earnings ($4.59 versus $5.07).
- You can view the full Computer Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.