- COTY has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $33.3 million.
- COTY has traded 1.0 million shares today.
- COTY traded in a range 216.1% of the normal price range with a price range of $1.27.
- COTY traded below its daily resistance level (quality: 33 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 33 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Water-Logged and Getting Wetter' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying negative price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, "support" while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves lower. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in COTY with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for COTY NOW at Trade-Ideas
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Personal Products industry. The net income increased by 129.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$253.30 million to $75.50 million.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Personal Products industry and the overall market, COTY INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- COTY INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, COTY INC swung to a loss, reporting -$0.26 versus $0.44 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.93 versus -$0.26).
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 131.81% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 55.41% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Looking ahead, however, we cannot assume that the stock's past performance is going to drive future results. Quite to the contrary, its sharp appreciation over the last year is one of the factors that should prompt investors to seek better opportunities elsewhere.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 7.13 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. Even though the debt-to-equity ratio is weak, COTY's quick ratio is somewhat strong at 1.37, demonstrating the ability to handle short-term liquidity needs.
- You can view the full Coty Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.