- AVP has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $108.2 million.
- AVP has traded 5.0 million shares today.
- AVP traded in a range 280.2% of the normal price range with a price range of $1.05.
- AVP traded above its daily resistance level (quality: 8 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 8 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Barbarian at the Gate' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying positive price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, 'resistance' while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is more than twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves higher. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AVP with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AVP NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on AVP: Avon Products, Inc. manufactures and markets beauty and related products worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.5%. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Avon Products a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. The average volume for Avon Products has been 13.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Avon has a market cap of $2.9 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer non-durables industry. The stock has a beta of 2.33 and a short float of 18.7% with 5.93 days to cover. Shares are down 28% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Avon Products as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its weak operating cash flow and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$198.10 million or 75.93% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- AVP's stock share price has done very poorly compared to where it was a year ago: Despite any rallies, the net result is that it is down by 47.38%, which is also worse that the performance of the S&P 500 Index. Investors have so far failed to pay much attention to the earnings improvements the company has managed to achieve over the last quarter. Naturally, the overall market trend is bound to be a significant factor. However, in one sense, the stock's sharp decline last year is a positive for future investors, making it cheaper (in proportion to its earnings over the past year) than most other stocks in its industry. But due to other concerns, we feel the stock is still not a good buy right now.
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed compared to the Personal Products industry average, but is greater than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 12.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from -$168.30 million to -$147.30 million.
- AVP, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 9.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 17.8%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- AVON PRODUCTS has improved earnings per share by 13.2% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, AVON PRODUCTS reported poor results of -$0.88 versus -$0.01 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.31 versus -$0.88).
- You can view the full Avon Products Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.