- KPTI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $8.8 million.
- KPTI has traded 53,904 shares today.
- KPTI is trading at 4.50 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- KPTI is trading at a new low 6.27% below yesterday's close.
'Weak on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as material stock news, analyst downgrades, insider selling, selling from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and traders are piling out of a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize (or avoid losses by trimming weak positions). In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in KPTI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for KPTI NOW at Trade-Ideas
- KARYOPHARM THERAPEUTICS INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. Earnings per share have declined over the last year. We anticipate that this should continue in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, KARYOPHARM THERAPEUTICS INC reported poor results of -$2.41 versus -$0.74 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 29.9% in earnings (-$3.13 versus -$2.41).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Biotechnology industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 90.3% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$13.69 million to -$26.07 million.
- The gross profit margin for KARYOPHARM THERAPEUTICS INC is currently extremely low, coming in at 0.00%. Despite the low profit margin, it has increased significantly from the same period last year.
- KPTI, with its very weak revenue results, has greatly underperformed against the industry average of 20.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues plummeted by 100.0%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- Compared to where it was a year ago, the stock is now trading at a higher level, and has traded in line with the S&P 500. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, we do not believe this stock offers ample reward opportunity to compensate for the risks, despite the fact that it rose over the past year.
- You can view the full Karyopharm Therapeutics Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.