- FXCM has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $4.5 million.
- FXCM has traded 777,293 shares today.
- FXCM is trading at 4.95 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- FXCM is trading at a new low 4.00% below yesterday's close.
'Weak on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as material stock news, analyst downgrades, insider selling, selling from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and traders are piling out of a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize (or avoid losses by trimming weak positions). In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in FXCM with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for FXCM NOW at Trade-Ideas
- FXCM INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. Earnings per share have declined over the last two years. We anticipate that this should continue in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, FXCM INC reported lower earnings of $0.30 versus $0.48 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 128.3% in earnings (-$0.09 versus $0.30).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Capital Markets industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 20649.7% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $2.08 million to -$426.82 million.
- The gross profit margin for FXCM INC is currently extremely low, coming in at 2.79%. It has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -608.05% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- Despite any intermediate fluctuations, we have only bad news to report on this stock's performance over the last year: it has tumbled by 83.67%, worse than the S&P 500's performance. Consistent with the plunge in the stock price, the company's earnings per share are down 41650.00% compared to the year-earlier quarter. Turning toward the future, the fact that the stock has come down in price over the past year should not necessarily be interpreted as a negative; it could be one of the factors that may help make the stock attractive down the road. Right now, however, we believe that it is too soon to buy.
- FXCM, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 5.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 15.3%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full FXCM Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.