- CY has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $168.6 million.
- CY traded 41,623 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:59 AM.
- CY is up 2.8% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CY with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CY NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CY: Cypress Semiconductor Corporation provides mixed-signal programmable solutions, specialized semiconductor memories, and integrated semiconductor solutions worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.5%. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Cypress Semiconductor a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Cypress Semiconductor has been 8.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Cypress Semiconductor has a market cap of $4.2 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. The stock has a beta of 1.11 and a short float of 7.7% with 1.68 days to cover. Shares are down 11.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Cypress Semiconductor as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, poor profit margins and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 0.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 22.8%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, CY's share price has jumped by 33.57%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- CYPRESS SEMICONDUCTOR CORP has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CYPRESS SEMICONDUCTOR CORP turned its bottom line around by earning $0.11 versus -$0.33 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.30 versus $0.11).
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to $12.30 million or 51.19% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 2796.2% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$7.93 million to -$229.79 million.
- You can view the full Cypress Semiconductor Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.