- KSS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $202.7 million.
- KSS traded 212,451 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 7:24 AM.
- KSS is down 8.9% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in KSS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for KSS NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on KSS: Kohl's Corporation operates department stores in the United States. It offers private label, exclusive, and national brand apparel, footwear, accessories, beauty, and home products to children, men, and women customers. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.4%. KSS has a PE ratio of 18. Currently there are 12 analysts that rate Kohl's a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for Kohl's has been 2.8 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Kohl's has a market cap of $15.1 billion and is part of the services sector and retail industry. The stock has a beta of 1.39 and a short float of 10.9% with 7.54 days to cover. Shares are up 21.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Kohl's as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, attractive valuation levels, solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share and increase in net income. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- KSS's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 2.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 3.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 36.86% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, KSS should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- KOHL'S CORP has improved earnings per share by 17.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, KOHL'S CORP increased its bottom line by earning $4.26 versus $4.07 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.55 versus $4.26).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Multiline Retail industry. The net income increased by 10.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $334.00 million to $369.00 million.
- You can view the full Kohl's Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.