The price of commodities dominated by the greenback increase when the currency is weaker, according to Reuters.
Gold prices are higher amid uncertainty over the impact of the Federal Reserve's interest rate policy, Reuters noted.
Spot gold rose 1% to a two-week high of $1,205.06 an ounce, before turning flat at $1,213.51 an ounce at 10:48 a.m. ET today.
Gold for June delivery was up by 1.84% to $1,214.30 per ounce on the COMEX as of 10:37 a.m. ET.
Canada-based IAMGOLD is a mining company with five operating gold mines including a niobium mine, a diamond royalty, and exploration and development projects located in Africa and the Americas.
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates IAMGOLD CORP as a Sell with a ratings score of D. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate IAMGOLD CORP (IAG) a SELL. This is driven by multiple weaknesses, which we believe should have a greater impact than any strengths, and could make it more difficult for investors to achieve positive results compared to most of the stocks we cover. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its poor profit margins and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- The gross profit margin for IAMGOLD CORP is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 30.77%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 9.84% trails that of the industry average.
- IAG's stock share price has done very poorly compared to where it was a year ago: Despite any rallies, the net result is that it is down by 37.17%, which is also worse than the performance of the S&P 500 Index. Naturally, the overall market trend is bound to be a significant factor. However, in one sense, the stock's sharp decline last year is a positive for future investors, making it cheaper (in proportion to its earnings over the past year) than most other stocks in its industry. But due to other concerns, we feel the stock is still not a good buy right now.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Metals & Mining industry and the overall market, IAMGOLD CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- IAMGOLD CORP reported flat earnings per share in the most recent quarter. This company has not demonstrated a clear trend in earnings over the past 2 years, making it difficult to accurately predict earnings for the coming year. During the past fiscal year, IAMGOLD CORP continued to lose money by earning -$0.72 versus -$2.29 in the prior year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Metals & Mining industry. The net income increased by 551.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $3.70 million to $24.10 million.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: IAG Ratings Report