- SSRI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $7.3 million.
- SSRI has traded 417,455 shares today.
- SSRI is trading at 4.22 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- SSRI is trading at a new high 8.03% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SSRI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SSRI NOW at Trade-Ideas
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Metals & Mining industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 393.9% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $29.81 million to -$87.61 million.
- Despite any intermediate fluctuations, we have only bad news to report on this stock's performance over the last year: it has tumbled by 44.16%, worse than the S&P 500's performance. Consistent with the plunge in the stock price, the company's earnings per share are down 394.59% compared to the year-earlier quarter. Naturally, the overall market trend is bound to be a significant factor. However, in one sense, the stock's sharp decline last year is a positive for future investors, making it cheaper (in proportion to its earnings over the past year) than most other stocks in its industry. But due to other concerns, we feel the stock is still not a good buy right now.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Metals & Mining industry and the overall market, SILVER STANDARD RES INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- SILVER STANDARD RES INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has not demonstrated a clear trend in earnings over the past 2 years, making it difficult to accurately predict earnings for the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SILVER STANDARD RES INC continued to lose money by earning -$1.57 versus -$2.79 in the prior year.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 339.35% to $63.78 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, SILVER STANDARD RES INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -46.77%.
- You can view the full Silver Standard Resources Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.