- NLNK has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $43.3 million.
- NLNK has traded 70,560 shares today.
- NLNK is up 3.1% today.
- NLNK was down 29.9% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in NLNK with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for NLNK NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on NLNK: NewLink Genetics Corporation, a biopharmaceutical company, focuses on discovering, developing, and commercializing immunotherapeutic products to enhance treatment options for patients with cancer. NLNK has a PE ratio of 16. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate NewLink Genetics a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for NewLink Genetics has been 585,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. NewLink has a market cap of $1.5 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 0.54 and a short float of 24.2% with 4.05 days to cover. Shares are up 30% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates NewLink Genetics as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's profit margins have been poor overall. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- NLNK's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 18.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 11635.0%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- NLNK's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.00 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels.
- NEWLINK GENETICS CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. However, we anticipate underperformance relative to this pattern in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, NEWLINK GENETICS CORP turned its bottom line around by earning $3.19 versus -$1.24 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 161.8% in earnings (-$1.97 versus $3.19).
- The gross profit margin for NEWLINK GENETICS CORP is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 32.78%. Despite the low profit margin, it has increased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 28.54% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full NewLink Genetics Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.