- DEPO has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $48.5 million.
- DEPO traded 469,460 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 9:10 AM, representing 20.3% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in DEPO with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for DEPO NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on DEPO: Depomed, Inc., a specialty pharmaceutical company, develops products for pain and other central nervous system conditions in the United States. DEPO has a PE ratio of 12. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate DepoMed a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for DepoMed has been 1.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. DepoMed has a market cap of $1.4 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 1.68 and a short float of 20.4% with 5.05 days to cover. Shares are up 47.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates DepoMed as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, reasonable valuation levels, expanding profit margins and notable return on equity. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, DEPO's share price has jumped by 130.93%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, DEPO should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.65, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels.
- The gross profit margin for DEPOMED INC is currently very high, coming in at 82.45%. Despite the high profit margin, it has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, DEPO's net profit margin of -36.12% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- DEPO, with its very weak revenue results, has greatly underperformed against the industry average of 7.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues plummeted by 57.9%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full DepoMed Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.