- MCK has 11x the normal benchmarked social activity for this time of the day compared to its average of 3.03 mentions/day.
- MCK has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $214.0 million.
Identifying stocks with 'Unusual Social Activity' tends to be a valuable process for traders looking to capitalize on the 'talk of the town' stocks that are basking in far more attention from the StockTwits financial community than normal. Good press? Bad press? It ultimately doesn't matter if it's good or bad if you know how to trade around the sentiment. Certain hedge funds use such data for their proprietary algorithms and it is not uncommon to see shared social sentiment play itself out in a stock's price trend. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MCK with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MCK NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on MCK: McKesson Corporation delivers pharmaceuticals, medical supplies, and health care information technologies to the healthcare industry in the United States and internationally. The company operates in two segments, McKesson Distribution Solutions and McKesson Technology Solutions. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.4%. MCK has a PE ratio of 31.3. Currently there are 14 analysts that rate McKesson a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold.
The average volume for McKesson has been 936,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. McKesson has a market cap of $53.3 billion and is part of the services sector and wholesale industry. The stock has a beta of 0.75 and a short float of 0.5% with 1.24 days to cover. Shares are up 10.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates McKesson as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, notable return on equity, good cash flow from operations, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 18.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 36.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- MCKESSON CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, MCKESSON CORP increased its bottom line by earning $5.92 versus $5.62 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($10.92 versus $5.92).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Health Care Providers & Services industry. The net income increased by 626.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $65.00 million to $472.00 million.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Health Care Providers & Services industry and the overall market, MCKESSON CORP's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 412.02% to $1,064.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, MCKESSON CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 68.02%.
- You can view the full McKesson Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.