- DAR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $25.3 million.
- DAR has traded 210,023 shares today.
- DAR is trading at 4.37 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- DAR is trading at a new low 3.01% below yesterday's close.
'Weak on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as material stock news, analyst downgrades, insider selling, selling from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and traders are piling out of a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize (or avoid losses by trimming weak positions). In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in DAR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for DAR NOW at Trade-Ideas
- DAR's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 10.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 133.3%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Food Products industry. The net income increased by 210.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $22.49 million to $69.94 million.
- DARLING INGREDIENTS INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, DARLING INGREDIENTS INC reported lower earnings of $0.39 versus $0.90 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.64 versus $0.39).
- The gross profit margin for DARLING INGREDIENTS INC is rather low; currently it is at 20.59%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 6.99% trails that of the industry average.
- DAR's stock share price has done very poorly compared to where it was a year ago: Despite any rallies, the net result is that it is down by 29.93%, which is also worse that the performance of the S&P 500 Index. Investors have so far failed to pay much attention to the earnings improvements the company has managed to achieve over the last quarter. Although its share price is down sharply from a year ago, do not assume that it can now be tagged as cheap and attractive. The reality is that, based on its current price in relation to its earnings, DAR is still more expensive than most of the other companies in its industry.
- You can view the full Darling Ingredients Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.