- PRE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $122.6 million.
- PRE has traded 28,123 shares today.
- PRE is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in PRE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for PRE NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on PRE: PartnerRe Ltd., through its subsidiaries, provides reinsurance and certain specialty insurance services worldwide. It operates in three segments: Non-life, Life and Health, and Corporate and Other. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.2%. PRE has a PE ratio of 6.9. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates PartnerRe a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold. The average volume for PartnerRe has been 693,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. PartnerRe has a market cap of $6.1 billion and is part of the financial sector and insurance industry. The stock has a beta of 0.58 and a short float of 1.7% with 0.78 days to cover. Shares are up 12.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates PartnerRe as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, attractive valuation levels, notable return on equity and solid stock price performance. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- PRE's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.11 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Insurance industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, PARTNERRE LTD has outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period, despite the company's weak earnings results. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 8.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 3.6%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full PartnerRe Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.