- KERX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $34.4 million.
- KERX has traded 90,347 shares today.
- KERX is down 3.3% today.
- KERX was up 14.8% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in KERX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for KERX NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on KERX: Keryx Biopharmaceuticals, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, focuses on providing therapies for patients with renal disease in the United States. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Keryx Biopharmaceuticals a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Keryx Biopharmaceuticals has been 1.7 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Keryx has a market cap of $1.0 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 5.19 and a short float of 37.8% with 10.08 days to cover. Shares are down 34.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Keryx Biopharmaceuticals as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity, generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself and feeble growth in its earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Biotechnology industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 105.0% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$13.53 million to -$27.74 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, KERYX BIOPHARMACEUTICALS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Despite any intermediate fluctuations, we have only bad news to report on this stock's performance over the last year: it has tumbled by 31.53%, worse than the S&P 500's performance. Consistent with the plunge in the stock price, the company's earnings per share are down 86.66% compared to the year-earlier quarter. Naturally, the overall market trend is bound to be a significant factor. However, in one sense, the stock's sharp decline last year is a positive for future investors, making it cheaper (in proportion to its earnings over the past year) than most other stocks in its industry. But due to other concerns, we feel the stock is still not a good buy right now.
- KERYX BIOPHARMACEUTICALS INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past two years. However, the consensus estimate suggests that this trend should reverse in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, KERYX BIOPHARMACEUTICALS INC reported poor results of -$1.21 versus -$0.57 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.99 versus -$1.21).
- KERX, with its very weak revenue results, has greatly underperformed against the industry average of 18.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues plummeted by 88.3%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.