- GPN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $49.6 million.
- GPN has traded 174,261 shares today.
- GPN is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in GPN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for GPN NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on GPN: Global Payments Inc. provides electronic payments transaction processing services. The company operates in two segments, North America Merchant Services and International Merchant Services. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.1%. GPN has a PE ratio of 26.3. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Global Payments a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 13 rate it a hold. The average volume for Global Payments has been 546,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. Global Payments has a market cap of $6.7 billion and is part of the services sector and diversified services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.97 and a short float of 1.2% with 3.90 days to cover. Shares are up 25.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Global Payments as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, increase in net income, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 22.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 8.2%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- GLOBAL PAYMENTS INC has improved earnings per share by 22.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, GLOBAL PAYMENTS INC increased its bottom line by earning $3.37 versus $2.76 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.82 versus $3.37).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the IT Services industry. The net income increased by 13.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $55.12 million to $62.57 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 223.50% to $120.15 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, GLOBAL PAYMENTS INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -11.38%.
- The gross profit margin for GLOBAL PAYMENTS INC is rather high; currently it is at 67.52%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 9.38% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Global Payments Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.