- GIMO has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $19.0 million.
- GIMO has traded 284,709 shares today.
- GIMO is trading at 8.94 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- GIMO is trading at a new high 4.08% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in GIMO with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for GIMO NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on GIMO:
Gigamon Inc. designs, develops, and sells products and services that provide customers with visibility and control of network traffic for enterprises and services providers in the United States, rest of Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and the Asia Pacific. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Gigamon a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold.The average volume for Gigamon has been 396,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. Gigamon has a market cap of $982.1 million and is part of the technology sector and computer hardware industry. Shares are up 70% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Gigamon as a sell. Among the areas we feel are negative, one of the most important has been an overall disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Software industry and the overall market, GIGAMON INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- GIGAMON INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, GIGAMON INC reported poor results of -$1.27 versus -$0.32 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.62 versus -$1.27).
- The gross profit margin for GIGAMON INC is currently very high, coming in at 79.28%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -1.48% is in-line with the industry average.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Software industry. The net income increased by 91.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$8.22 million to -$0.70 million.
- This stock has increased by 86.75% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the future course of this stock, we feel that the risks involved in investing in GIMO do not compensate for any future upside potential, despite the fact that it has seen nice gains over the past 12 months.
- You can view the full Gigamon Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.