- VGGL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $5.2 million.
- VGGL has traded 4.6 million shares today.
- VGGL is trading at 58.07 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- VGGL is trading at a new high 57.38% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in VGGL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for VGGL NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on VGGL: Viggle Inc. operates as a mobile and Web-based entertainment marketing platform for media companies, brands, and consumers in the United States. VGGL has a PE ratio of 0.2. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Viggle a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Viggle has been 1.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Viggle has a market cap of $37.9 million and is part of the services sector and leisure industry. The stock has a beta of -0.25 and a short float of 18.4% with 0.92 days to cover. Shares are down 13.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Viggle as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its unimpressive growth in net income, generally high debt management risk, weak operating cash flow and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Internet Software & Services industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 65.8% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$13.41 million to -$22.23 million.
- The debt-to-equity ratio of 1.01 is relatively high when compared with the industry average, suggesting a need for better debt level management. Along with this, the company manages to maintain a quick ratio of 0.16, which clearly demonstrates the inability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Net operating cash flow has declined marginally to -$9.33 million or 8.19% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- VGGL's stock share price has done very poorly compared to where it was a year ago: Despite any rallies, the net result is that it is down by 53.93%, which is also worse that the performance of the S&P 500 Index. Investors have so far failed to pay much attention to the earnings improvements the company has managed to achieve over the last quarter. Naturally, the overall market trend is bound to be a significant factor. However, in one sense, the stock's sharp decline last year is a positive for future investors, making it cheaper (in proportion to its earnings over the past year) than most other stocks in its industry. But due to other concerns, we feel the stock is still not a good buy right now.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Internet Software & Services industry and the overall market, VIGGLE INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Viggle Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.