- LGND has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $35.2 million.
- LGND has traded 56,305 shares today.
- LGND is trading at 4.38 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- LGND is trading at a new high 7.29% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in LGND with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for LGND NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on LGND:
Ligand Pharmaceuticals Incorporated operates as a biotechnology company in the United States. LGND has a PE ratio of 141.1. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Ligand Pharmaceuticals a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold.The average volume for Ligand Pharmaceuticals has been 418,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. Ligand has a market cap of $1.6 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 0.83 and a short float of 32.3% with 12.73 days to cover. Shares are up 51.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Ligand Pharmaceuticals as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, notable return on equity, impressive record of earnings per share growth, increase in net income and expanding profit margins. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- LGND's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 18.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 56.1%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- LIGAND PHARMACEUTICAL INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, LIGAND PHARMACEUTICAL INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.57 versus $0.42 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.14 versus $0.57).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Biotechnology industry. The net income increased by 277.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $1.87 million to $7.06 million.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, LIGAND PHARMACEUTICAL INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for LIGAND PHARMACEUTICAL INC is currently very high, coming in at 85.46%. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 30.67% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Ligand Pharmaceuticals Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.