- GEVO has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $33.9 million.
- GEVO has traded 1.1 million shares today.
- GEVO is trading at 8.78 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- GEVO is trading at a new low 12.08% below yesterday's close.
'Weak on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as material stock news, analyst downgrades, insider selling, selling from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and traders are piling out of a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize (or avoid losses by trimming weak positions). In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in GEVO with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for GEVO NOW at Trade-Ideas
- The gross profit margin for GEVO INC is currently extremely low, coming in at 1.37%. Despite the low profit margin, it has increased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, GEVO's net profit margin of -116.60% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- GEVO's stock share price has done very poorly compared to where it was a year ago: Despite any rallies, the net result is that it is down by 64.67%, which is also worse that the performance of the S&P 500 Index. Investors have so far failed to pay much attention to the earnings improvements the company has managed to achieve over the last quarter. Naturally, the overall market trend is bound to be a significant factor. However, in one sense, the stock's sharp decline last year is a positive for future investors, making it cheaper (in proportion to its earnings over the past year) than most other stocks in its industry. But due to other concerns, we feel the stock is still not a good buy right now.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market, GEVO INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.86, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 0.73 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 58.35% to -$6.38 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, GEVO INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -51.31%.
- You can view the full Gevo Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.