- AVD has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $4.7 million.
- AVD is making at least a new 3-day high.
- AVD has a PE ratio of 136.6.
- AVD is mentioned 1.10 times per day on StockTwits.
- AVD has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- AVD is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- AVD is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- AVD is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- AVD is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AVD with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AVD NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on AVD: American Vanguard Corporation, through its subsidiaries, develops, manufactures, and markets specialty chemicals for agricultural, commercial, and consumer uses in the United States and internationally. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.6%. AVD has a PE ratio of 136.6. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate American Vanguard a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for American Vanguard has been 211,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. American Vanguard has a market cap of $397.8 million and is part of the basic materials sector and chemicals industry. The stock has a beta of 0.68 and a short float of 12.4% with 10.93 days to cover. Shares are up 22.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates American Vanguard as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, deteriorating net income and disappointing return on equity.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.33, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.04, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 147.36% to $19.84 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, AMERICAN VANGUARD CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 14.86%.
- 42.97% is the gross profit margin for AMERICAN VANGUARD CORP which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, AVD's net profit margin of 0.07% significantly trails the industry average.
- The share price of AMERICAN VANGUARD CORP has not done very well: it is down 7.77% and has underperformed the S&P 500, in part reflecting the company's sharply declining earnings per share when compared to the year-earlier quarter. Looking ahead, we do not see anything in this company's numbers that would change the one-year trend. It was down over the last twelve months; and it could be down again in the next twelve. Naturally, a bull or bear market could sway the movement of this stock.
- Current return on equity is lower than its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of weakness within the company. Compared to other companies in the Chemicals industry and the overall market, AMERICAN VANGUARD CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full American Vanguard Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.