- SFM has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $58.8 million.
- SFM has traded 4.4 million shares today.
- SFM traded in a range 216.4% of the normal price range with a price range of $1.85.
- SFM traded below its daily resistance level (quality: 337 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 337 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Water-Logged and Getting Wetter' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying negative price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, "support" while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves lower. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SFM with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SFM NOW at Trade-Ideas
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 0.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 20.8%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- SPROUTS FARMERS MARKET reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, SPROUTS FARMERS MARKET increased its bottom line by earning $0.70 versus $0.23 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.88 versus $0.70).
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.59, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Despite the fact that SFM's debt-to-equity ratio is low, the quick ratio, which is currently 0.68, displays a potential problem in covering short-term cash needs.
- In its most recent trading session, SFM has closed at a price level that was not very different from its closing price of one year earlier. This is probably due to its weak earnings growth as well as other mixed factors. Looking ahead, the stock's rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry, implying reduced upside potential.
- You can view the full Sprouts Farmers Market Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.