- DLR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $70.8 million.
- DLR has traded 96,744 shares today.
- DLR is trading at 1.80 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- DLR crossed above its 200-day simple moving average.
'Storm the Castle' stocks are worth watching because trading stocks that begin to experience a breakout can lead to potentially massive profits. Once psychological and technical resistance barriers like the 200-day moving average are breached on higher than normal relative volume, the stock is then free to find new buyers and momentum traders who can ultimately push the stock significantly higher. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize on. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in DLR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for DLR NOW at Trade-Ideas
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period. Although other factors naturally played a role, the company's strong earnings growth was key. Despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year, there is currently no conclusive evidence that warrants the purchase or sale of this stock.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry. The net income increased by 161.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $45.91 million to $120.18 million.
- DIGITAL REALTY TRUST INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, DIGITAL REALTY TRUST INC reported lower earnings of $0.98 versus $2.10 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.07 versus $0.98).
- The gross profit margin for DIGITAL REALTY TRUST INC is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 26.90%. Regardless of DLR's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, DLR's net profit margin of 29.38% compares favorably to the industry average.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry and the overall market, DIGITAL REALTY TRUST INC's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Digital Realty Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.