- BCEI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $34.4 million.
- BCEI has traded 119,651 shares today.
- BCEI is trading at 4.17 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- BCEI is trading at a new low 3.01% below yesterday's close.
'Weak on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as material stock news, analyst downgrades, insider selling, selling from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and traders are piling out of a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize (or avoid losses by trimming weak positions). In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BCEI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BCEI NOW at Trade-Ideas
- Despite the weak revenue results, BCEI has outperformed against the industry average of 33.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 7.4%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The debt-to-equity ratio of 1.14 is relatively high when compared with the industry average, suggesting a need for better debt level management. Along with this, the company manages to maintain a quick ratio of 0.48, which clearly demonstrates the inability to cover short-term cash needs.
- BONANZA CREEK ENERGY INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. Earnings per share have declined over the last two years. We anticipate that this should continue in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, BONANZA CREEK ENERGY INC reported lower earnings of $0.40 versus $1.72 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 280.0% in earnings (-$0.72 versus $0.40).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 269.9% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $25.43 million to -$43.22 million.
- You can view the full Bonanza Creek Energy Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.