- DATA has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $116.7 million.
- DATA has traded 199,079 shares today.
- DATA is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in DATA with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for DATA NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on DATA: Tableau Software, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, provides business analytics software products in the United States, Canada, and internationally. DATA has a PE ratio of 1215.9. Currently there are 17 analysts that rate Tableau Software a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Tableau Software has been 926,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. Tableau Software has a market cap of $4.9 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.75 and a short float of 5.6% with 2.56 days to cover. Shares are up 14.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Tableau Software as a sell. Among the areas we feel are negative, one of the most important has been premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The gross profit margin for TABLEAU SOFTWARE INC is currently very high, coming in at 94.70%. Regardless of DATA's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 14.48% trails the industry average.
- Compared to other companies in the Software industry and the overall market, TABLEAU SOFTWARE INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- This stock has increased by 77.02% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Setting our sights on the months ahead, however, we feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The implication is that its reduced upside potential is not good enough to warrant further investment at this time.
- TABLEAU SOFTWARE INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, TABLEAU SOFTWARE INC reported lower earnings of $0.04 versus $0.15 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.23 versus $0.04).
- You can view the full Tableau Software Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.