- MDVN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $109.2 million.
- MDVN is down 4.1% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MDVN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MDVN NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on MDVN: Medivation, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, focuses on the development and commercialization of novel therapies to treat serious diseases in the United States. It offers XTANDI for the treatment of post-chemotherapy metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer (mCRPC) patients. MDVN has a PE ratio of 35.3. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate Medivation a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Medivation has been 940,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. Medivation has a market cap of $9.5 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. Shares are up 21.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Medivation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- MDVN's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 21.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 184.4%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 6833.33% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 100.53% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, MDVN should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, MEDIVATION INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for MEDIVATION INC is rather high; currently it is at 52.82%. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 59.76% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 1168.39% to $164.29 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, MEDIVATION INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -4.91%.
- You can view the full Medivation Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.