- VSI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $24.2 million.
- VSI has traded 489,098 shares today.
- VSI is up 3.6% today.
- VSI was down 7.5% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in VSI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for VSI NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on VSI: Vitamin Shoppe, Inc., through its subsidiaries, operates as a multi-channel specialty retailer and contract manufacturer of nutritional products in the United States. The company operates through three segments: Retail, Direct, and Manufacturing. VSI has a PE ratio of 21.2. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Vitamin Shoppe a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for Vitamin Shoppe has been 407,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. Vitamin Shoppe has a market cap of $1.3 billion and is part of the services sector and specialty retail industry. The stock has a beta of 0.81 and a short float of 13.5% with 6.04 days to cover. Shares are down 12.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Vitamin Shoppe as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself and disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- VSI's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 12.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 13.1%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $30.99 million or 11.06% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, VITAMIN SHOPPE INC's cash flow growth rate is still lower than the industry average growth rate of 21.70%.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. In comparison to the other companies in the Specialty Retail industry and the overall market, VITAMIN SHOPPE INC's return on equity is significantly below that of the industry average and is below that of the S&P 500.
- VSI has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 12.54% from its price level of one year ago. Looking ahead, we do not see anything in this company's numbers that would change the one-year trend. It was down over the last twelve months; and it could be down again in the next twelve. Naturally, a bull or bear market could sway the movement of this stock.
- You can view the full Vitamin Shoppe Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.