- RGEN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $14.0 million.
- RGEN has traded 68,971 shares today.
- RGEN is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in RGEN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for RGEN NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on RGEN: Repligen Corporation, a life sciences company, develops, manufactures, and markets consumable bioprocessing products for use in the production of monoclonal antibodies and other biologic drugs. RGEN has a PE ratio of 124.4. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Repligen a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Repligen has been 400,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. Repligen has a market cap of $1.0 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 0.89 and a short float of 12.7% with 8.77 days to cover. Shares are up 57.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Repligen as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- RGEN's revenue growth trails the industry average of 21.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.6%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- RGEN has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 6.23, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, RGEN's share price has jumped by 86.18%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- REPLIGEN CORP has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past two years. However, we anticipate this trend to reverse over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, REPLIGEN CORP reported lower earnings of $0.25 versus $0.49 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.31 versus $0.25).
- The gross profit margin for REPLIGEN CORP is rather high; currently it is at 57.13%. Despite the high profit margin, it has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, RGEN's net profit margin of -2.43% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- You can view the full Repligen Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.