- KATE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $32.9 million.
- KATE has traded 457,029 shares today.
- KATE is trading at 15.00 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- KATE is trading at a new low 8.05% below yesterday's close.
'Weak on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as material stock news, analyst downgrades, insider selling, selling from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and traders are piling out of a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize (or avoid losses by trimming weak positions). In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in KATE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for KATE NOW at Trade-Ideas
- Compared to other companies in the Textiles, Apparel & Luxury Goods industry and the overall market, KATE SPADE & CO's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 10.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 44.7%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for KATE SPADE & CO is rather high; currently it is at 57.76%. Regardless of KATE's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, KATE's net profit margin of 31.74% significantly outperformed against the industry.
- KATE SPADE & CO reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. However, we anticipate underperformance relative to this pattern in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, KATE SPADE & CO turned its bottom line around by earning $0.59 versus -$0.29 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 3.4% in earnings ($0.57 versus $0.59).
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 2.06 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. Even though the debt-to-equity ratio is weak, KATE's quick ratio is somewhat strong at 1.08, demonstrating the ability to handle short-term liquidity needs.
- You can view the full Kate Spade Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.