- CXW has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $18.2 million.
- CXW has traded 326,023 shares today.
- CXW is trading at 14.89 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- CXW is trading at a new low 6.01% below yesterday's close.
'Weak on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as material stock news, analyst downgrades, insider selling, selling from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and traders are piling out of a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize (or avoid losses by trimming weak positions). In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CXW with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CXW NOW at Trade-Ideas
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 103.59% to $174.89 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, CORRECTIONS CORP AMER has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -62.88%.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, regardless of the company's weak earnings results. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- CORRECTIONS CORP AMER's earnings per share declined by 39.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CORRECTIONS CORP AMER reported lower earnings of $1.66 versus $2.86 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.97 versus $1.66).
- CXW, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 9.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 1.8%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full Corrections Corp of America Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.