- SUNE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $192.8 million.
- SUNE traded 116,532 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 9:00 AM.
- SUNE is up 5.8% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SUNE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SUNE NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SUNE: SunEdison, Inc. develops, manufactures, and sells silicon wafers to the semiconductor industry. The company operates through three segments: Solar Energy, TerraForm Power, and Semiconductor Materials. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate SunEdison a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for SunEdison has been 8.8 million shares per day over the past 30 days. SunEdison has a market cap of $7.0 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. The stock has a beta of 4.89 and a short float of 33.3% with 10.98 days to cover. Shares are up 31.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates SunEdison as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including generally higher debt management risk, disappointing return on equity and poor profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 0.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 10.8%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 31.66% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- SUNEDISON INC has improved earnings per share by 16.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SUNEDISON INC reported poor results of -$4.42 versus -$2.39 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$1.49 versus -$4.42).
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 30.91 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. To add to this, SUNE has a quick ratio of 0.54, this demonstrates the lack of ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry and the overall market, SUNEDISON INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full SunEdison Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.