- IMS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $21.4 million.
- IMS traded 109,610 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 7:40 AM, representing 14% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in IMS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for IMS NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on IMS: IMS Health Holdings, Inc. provides information and technology services to healthcare industry worldwide. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate IMS Health Holdings a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for IMS Health Holdings has been 403,500 shares per day over the past 30 days. IMS Health has a market cap of $9.4 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.13 and a short float of 5.7% with 6.20 days to cover. Shares are up 8.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates IMS Health Holdings as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, compelling growth in net income and attractive valuation levels. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company has favored debt over equity in the management of its balance sheet. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, reflecting both the market's overall trend during that period and the fact that the company's earnings growth has been robust.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Health Care Technology industry. The net income increased by 1341.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$24.00 million to $298.00 million.
- When compared to other companies in the Health Care Technology industry and the overall market, IMS HEALTH HOLDINGS INC's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The revenue fell significantly faster than the industry average of 29.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 2.0%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 2.21 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company.
- You can view the full IMS Health Holdings Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.