- ALB has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $55.3 million.
- ALB is up 2.7% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ALB with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ALB NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ALB: Albemarle Corporation develops, manufactures, and markets engineered specialty chemicals worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.9%. ALB has a PE ratio of 23.4. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Albemarle a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. The average volume for Albemarle has been 1.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Albemarle has a market cap of $6.7 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and chemicals industry. The stock has a beta of 1.07 and a short float of 4.3% with 5.60 days to cover. Shares are down 0% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Albemarle as a hold. The company's strongest point has been its a solid financial position based on a variety of debt and liquidity measures that we have looked at. At the same time, however, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, poor profit margins and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 14.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 6.4%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- ALBEMARLE CORP has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past two years. However, the consensus estimate suggests that this trend should reverse in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ALBEMARLE CORP reported lower earnings of $2.56 versus $4.89 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.50 versus $2.56).
- The share price of ALBEMARLE CORP has not done very well: it is down 10.95% and has underperformed the S&P 500, in part reflecting the company's sharply declining earnings per share when compared to the year-earlier quarter. The fact that the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings is not reason enough to justify a buy rating at this time.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $62.07 million or 46.18% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Chemicals industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 111.9% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $155.93 million to -$18.51 million.
- You can view the full Albemarle Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.