- SBNY has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $55.1 million.
- SBNY has traded 401,024 shares today.
- SBNY is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SBNY with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SBNY NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SBNY: Signature Bank provides various business and personal banking products and services. SBNY has a PE ratio of 22.1. Currently there are 13 analysts that rate Signature Bank a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Signature Bank has been 303,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. Signature has a market cap of $6.9 billion and is part of the financial sector and banking industry. Shares are up 8.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Signature Bank as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, expanding profit margins, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company is trading at a premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 0.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 18.5%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- SIGNATURE BANK/NY has improved earnings per share by 19.7% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, SIGNATURE BANK/NY increased its bottom line by earning $5.97 versus $4.77 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($6.96 versus $5.97).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Commercial Banks industry. The net income increased by 26.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $66.01 million to $83.39 million.
- The gross profit margin for SIGNATURE BANK/NY is currently very high, coming in at 85.10%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 31.57% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- The stock has risen over the past year as investors have generally rewarded the company for its earnings growth and other positive factors like the ones we have cited in this report. Looking ahead, the stock's rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that the other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- You can view the full Signature Bank Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.