- WTW has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $6.3 million.
- WTW has traded 227,600 shares today.
- WTW is trading at 4.77 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- WTW is trading at a new low 4.15% below yesterday's close.
'Weak on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as material stock news, analyst downgrades, insider selling, selling from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and traders are piling out of a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize (or avoid losses by trimming weak positions). In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in WTW with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for WTW NOW at Trade-Ideas
- Despite any intermediate fluctuations, we have only bad news to report on this stock's performance over the last year: it has tumbled by 56.82%, worse than the S&P 500's performance. Consistent with the plunge in the stock price, the company's earnings per share are down 148.14% compared to the year-earlier quarter. Despite the heavy decline in its share price, this stock is still more expensive (when compared to its current earnings) than most other companies in its industry.
- WEIGHT WATCHERS INTL INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. Earnings per share have declined over the last two years. We anticipate that this should continue in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, WEIGHT WATCHERS INTL INC reported lower earnings of $1.74 versus $3.63 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 65.5% in earnings ($0.60 versus $1.74).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Diversified Consumer Services industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 148.0% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $30.80 million to -$14.78 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to $10.33 million or 53.22% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- WTW, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 10.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 10.4%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full Weight Watchers International Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.