- TMK has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $36.5 million.
- TMK has traded 16,034 shares today.
- TMK is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TMK with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TMK NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on TMK: Torchmark Corporation, through its subsidiaries, provides various life and health insurance products, and annuities in the United States, Canada, and New Zealand. It operates through Life Insurance, Health Insurance, Medicare Part D, and Annuities segments. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.9%. TMK has a PE ratio of 13.8. Currently there are no analysts that rate Torchmark a buy, 3 analysts rate it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. The average volume for Torchmark has been 658,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. Torchmark has a market cap of $7.2 billion and is part of the financial sector and insurance industry. The stock has a beta of 1.11 and a short float of 3% with 5.76 days to cover. Shares are up 4.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Torchmark as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in stock price during the past year and attractive valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- TORCHMARK CORP' earnings per share from the most recent quarter came in slightly below the year earlier quarter. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, TORCHMARK CORP increased its bottom line by earning $4.10 versus $3.80 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.30 versus $4.10).
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 2.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 0.3%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Insurance industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, TORCHMARK CORP has outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Torchmark Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.